Monday 19 October 2009

48: Fuzzy Wuzzy

So, a lot of bad things are coming to my attention this week. For example; Smashing Pumpkins (or should I just say Billy Corgan) are insisting on releasing more new music. I liked some of the old stuff, but the latest stuff is terrible and the concert in Manchester last tiem round was one of the worst things I've ever been to. Lucky for me I only paid £5 off a desperate scalper when passing the Arena. Also, Wolfmother are back and touring and making people listen to their outrageously shit music once again. I will avoid that like the plague.

Something else bad is that Dean & Britta are playing in London next month. I love Luna, I love Galaxie 500 and I certainly like the Dean & Britta records. What I don't like is not being able to afford to make the trip down there and see their only UK show this year. I've never seen them or Luna so it would've been a real treat. Instead I shall save the very little money I do have so I can make a trip down in December instead. I also want a holiday some day soon.

Good news is that I saw Super Furry Animals in Bangor (Wales) this weekend. It was a great show but it was really weird going to see a band I last saw live in 1997 (12 years ago, I was young then...well... very young). Good times were had but I didn't get to hear much stuff off the first 2 albums. Bands don't seem to like playing stuff off their early albums these days. Got to move forward.

Anyway. With a bit of luck I will get to go see Yo La Tengo in Manchester next month and that will make up for some slight annoyances. I'll hopefully have a job by then too, so you wont have to put up with this shite all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment