Sunday 4 October 2009

44: Pigs On The Wing

I can't stress how great Pink Floyd are. You already know Pink Floyd are brilliant... if you don't you have no right to be here. Apart from 'Momentary Lapse of Reason' and 'Ummagumma' they did no wrong. Yes, I like 'The Division Bell', it was by no means the best album of 1994 though. Usually Pink Floyd beat every other album released the same year. That year belonged to Blur, obviously. I like Pink Floyd so much that I even love the film version of 'The Wall'. Bob Geldof tried his best to ruin it but even he couldn't make it bad. That scene where the kids have bloaty faces and are walking into a meat mincer is one of cinemas best ever moments. To top off how good it is, you get to listen to The Wall the whole time!

Anyway, I was trying to listen to a record today but I couldn't decide which one. I think for a 21 year old with no job I have too many records. Definitely more records than I could afford to have bought. Where did they all come from? I didn't get given them (well, maybe 2 or 3)... I think I must've just spent all my money on records and holidays for the last 2 years. I by no means have the biggest record collection out of people I know, but they're normally older than me and have jobs to fund the habit.

No comments:

Post a Comment