Monday 2 November 2009

54: Love Gun! What an album cover.

My computer doesn't work anymore so I can't get online so much, which is annoying because I still have to wait a while til I start my new old job. Christmas at HMV was good last year so I will enjoy it I'm sure. I might even save some money to go on holiday soon.

I went to see Efterklang in Manchester on Saturday night (Halloween) and they were pretty boring. Sure, I like them, but that doesn't make them good live. Stick to the records I say, save your tenner for something better (Spectrum at Corsica Studios or Bob Mould/RGC at the Bloomsbury Ballroom maybe?).

At the moment I am reading Shakey, the Neil Young biography. I have literally had the book hanging around since first year of college without ever reading it so I thought it was a good time to do that. It's starting off a bit heavy. I don't know if I'm bothered about what his Grandparents were like, it is interesting though. The sooner I get to the electronic madness in the 80s the better. COMPUTER AGE!!

I've been reading the new issue of Mojo magazine too. Roger Waters is a great man and he is the cover star this month. He's planning to do a tour of The Wall! I won't start going on about that album again though. Bit of stuff about Spiritualized/Spacemen 3 too. And Kiss. I think I like Gene Simmons, he is shameless. Imagine Gene Simmons, J Spaceman and Roger Waters together in a band? They would be rubbish, regardless of previous triumphs.

This is a really long post today isn't it? Not over yet, not at all. I've been looking at this great little venue in London called the Battersea Barge. It's a Barge on the Thames and it floats around while you have a party or something. It's mainly for business meetings I think but hopefully one day I can get Pink Floyd to reunite and play there with the pig floating over the power station like it's 1977 and play Animals all the way through. Capacity is only about 60 though, forget about it.

Someone on the tv is swimming fully clothed, I imagine that would be hard. Jeans would get really heavy and slow you down a lot. Depends if you want to swim fast... Don't wear your clothes in a swimming race... you'll lose. It's the taking part that counts, of course, but you would just look stupid... Now they have nothing on... I think I should change the channel...

No comments:

Post a Comment