Friday 25 September 2009

40: Psych Sound Ensemble

Hello loyal readers. Today I got paid so I bought a couple of LPs. I got the Vivian Girls album and the Taken By Trees album. They are good. Vivian Girls is a bit short and samey but the songs are good so why should it matter that they sound the same? It never did Interpol any harm making the same songs over and over (apart from that last album, that was pretty poor). Taken By Trees is from Sweden and she makes some fantastic indian-inspired folk stuff kind of similar to Death Vessel except she doesn't just sound like a girl, she is one. There are some extra exotic sounds on there too. I love that second Death Vessel album, by the way. And the first, come to think of it.

So yeah. Check these bands and artists out before you leave me again...
Taken By Trees
Vivian Girls
Chad Van Gaalen
The Black Ships (this is Nick McCabe from The Verve and his new band.)

I don't care if you don't like The Verve, it is obvious they had one of the best guitarists of the 90s.

If you wanna hear something a bit more rockin' and are into your Sabbath, check out my pals The Freezing Fog HERE

Over and Out, Berlin x

No comments:

Post a Comment