Tuesday 5 May 2009

12: This week

Hello! Sorry I've been slack this last few days, I've started a new job so I just go to bed if I'm not there...

Quick mention to Kadman. I got sent their album (sing to me slower) last week... Finally... someone wants my opinion! It's a good record, especially considering what little they probably had to work with. It's minimal but melodic, great low-fi and acoustic with clear influence from the likes of Mark Kozelek, Alan Sparhawk, Leonard Cohen and even some hints of early Death Cab For Cutie. There's a lot of positives to take from this record, but at times the drums let it down and sound very programmed. Still, great little album!

Thursday night is One Step More... at Tiger Lounge so you can hear me play lots of great tunes from the sorts of bands I'm talking about on here. If you're not in Manchester don't worry, I'll play Wish You Were Here just for you.

Sunday is Manchester City vs Manchester United, that's nothing to do with music so I wont get too serious about that just yet... blue side for me, by the way.

Tuesday is Retribution Gospel Choir in Manchester, that's a week away so trust I will write again before then! Should be a good one, especially now I've assured my entry. Expect pictures, setlist and maybe even videos (high class entertainment!). Wet your appetite for RGC goodness by checking out some videos on youtube, there's some new tracks on there!


Here's my weekends playlist...
Swans - White Light...
Red House Painters - Songs For A Blue Guitar
The new Mars Volta single
Arab Strap - Philophobia
Blur - CD Single Box Set
Saint Etienne - Foxbase Alpha

No comments:

Post a Comment