Monday 13 April 2009

3: Things to come

There's a few gigs coming up that I'm going to so keep your eyes on the blog if you wanna hear about them. I'm particularly looking forward to the Blur shows, Primavera festival and Spiritualized performing Ladies & Gentlemen... Let me know if you're heading to any of these shows, I highly recommend you try and get to Retribution Gospel Choir because they don't tour an awful lot, only their 2nd trip to the UK.

16th April - ...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead
Academy 3, Manchester. I'm doing the aftershow for this too.

18th April - Earth
Islington Mill, Manchester

11th May - Grails ***CANCELLED***

12th May - Retribution Gospel Choir
The Deaf Institute (Trof), Manchester

28th-30th May - Primavera Sound Festival
w/ Neil Young, Sonic Youth, Spiritualized, Jarvis Cocker, Saint Etienne, SunnO))), Spectrum, My Bloody Valentine, Bloc Party, The New Year, Aphex Twin, Dan Deacon, Crystal Stilts, The Jesus Lizard, Lightning Bolt, Wavves, Shellac and more...
Parc Del Forum, Barcelona

21st June - The Thermals
Ruby Lounge, Manchester

26th June - Blur
MEN Arena, Manchester

29th June - Malcolm Middleton
Night & Day, Manchester

3rd July - Blur
Hyde Park, London

12th October - Spiritualized
performing Ladies & Gentlemen We Are Floating In Space
Royal Festival Hall, London


In the meantime, listen to this...

Codeine - The White Birch (Sub Pop, 1994)

New discovery for me, this one. I heard the track 'Vacancy' a couple of years back but totally forgot to follow up on it until a couple of weeks ago when I was having a browse through the Sub Pop catalogue. Brilliant slow-core/low-fi album, on the same wave-length as Spiderland by Slint and Pygmalion by Slowdive. Be sure to give it a listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment