Tuesday 28 July 2009

25: Berlin

I don't know if anyone agrees with me that Berlin by Lou Reed is a great starting point or slow-core and bands of that sort. So much of it sounds like it could fit in on a Luna, Bedhead or Low album. The way Alan from Low delivers songs on some of Lows stuff is similar to Lou's style on Berlin, too... Oh well, something to think about I'm sure..?

Finally bought a new pick-up for my bass so get redy for new noises.

I am in the paper on Friday. There is a picture of me and an interview about my clubnights 3rd birthday. You should check it out so you can see how stupid I am. It will probably be posted on the Manchester CityLife website too.

This week I have bought...
Sian Alice Group - 59.59 LP
Zak Sally - Why We Hide 7"
Kraftwerk - Trans Europe Express LP
Lou Reed - Berlin LP


Spiritualized are re-releasing Ladies & Gentlemen... as a 3 disc set in August, that should be nice. Word on the street is that RGC are finishing their new album off too, great news.

Over and out,
JT x

No comments:

Post a Comment