Thursday 11 June 2009

18: The Power Of Negative Thinking

Hello everyone, how are you all? I see there's been more hits from Asia since my last post, keep it up! I'm hoping to get some hits from Norway and Iceland, where are you all? I know you have the internet.

Been listening to the new Malcolm Middleton album a lot this week. It's a good effort, lots of synth and slap bass in all the right parts as well as those miserable ballads we all love him for. The cover is pretty fantastic too, everyone wanted to see Malcie's face on the moon. I managed to score one of those lovely LPs limited to 500, you get a bonus 7" too with the last two tracks off the album. Down side to that is you have to change the speed on your deck to listen to those. I don't have a speed changer you see, manual all the way for me it seems. (Project Debut III, btw).

Been shopping for some other musical treats this week. Tracked down a 2LP copy of Sigur Ros's debut album 'Von' in a brilliant purple sleeve to match the CD version. It's been remasted and pressed on heavyweight 200g vinyl. Jealous? Don't be, go buy one yourself if you're that bothered.

Other purchases...
Luna - Romantica
Yo La Tengo - I Am Not Afraid Of You And I Will Beat Your Ass

Prepare yourselves for Blur specials pretty soon. All the info from Blur's shows in Manchester, London and Wolverhampton. Feel free to leave me any comments and more followers are always welcome! Here's a question for you...

Anyone else sick of waiting for the new Mew album?

No comments:

Post a Comment